Topband: ZS5LB QRT

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZS5LB QRT
From: gregsmith@futuredbn.co.za (Greg Smith)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 10:05:12 +0200
I had rather a sad phone call yesterday from Bert Lausecker, ZS5LB.  Due to
advancing years and requirements for better security, Bert and his wife have
had to sell their house and move into a retirement complex.  The complex
allows no external antennas, not even TV, so Bert will have to QRT.

Bert has been well known in the Topband fraternity for many years, and holds
the #1 spot in ZS with over 170 countries confirmed.  This may not seem like
many considering that some folks have over 200, but it is a great
achievement from southern Af, and has been accomplished with modest antennas
and power.  His presence on 160 will be sorely missed, especially as there
are so few active on the band in ZS.

Since Bert does not have E-mail, I will gladly forward any messages to him.

73, Greg, ZS5K