Topband: VK6 cndx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VK6 cndx
From: bazley@fullcomp.com.au (Michael Bazley)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:09:41 +0800
Hi all, just when I was beginning to wonder if my rx had gone down or the
antennas were no good.....condx have been lousy the past 3 weeks....the
band opened up to Europe this morning. An unusual feature from my end, the
vertical was working through sunrise whereas the dipole was useless.
Usually the vertical is about 2 S points down on the dipole at
sunrise/sunset.  After sunrise, and no more signals being heard, I put a cq
out on the dipole and VE1ZZ came back. It must have been well before his
sunset.
 Still working on the vertical radial system. I have 130 radials down of
quarter wavelength long or longer and about another 20 to go to complete
the circle.
Hoping the band wil be open to North America this evening.
73 es dx de Mike VK6HD