Topband: Re: Phased Beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Phased Beverages
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:15:36 EDT
Milt, N5IA wrote:

"I have tested many garden variety 2-way and 4-way FM/TV signal splitters
and have found no detrimental aspects to using them for receiving
applications on 160, 80, and 40 Meters.

"In actual practice, signal splitting has worked superbly on numerous
Beverage receiving antennas systems that I have constructed and utilized
for reception on 160, 80, and 40 Meters.

"Could you please elaborate for the edification of all what your
experience has been that makes these units unusable in this application?"
=====
I've never tried them at 160m, Milt.  Their intended design for VHF/UHF
use logically seems to preclude their use at MF/HF.  Tom, W8JI, says:

"CATV splitters generally fall apart on upper HF, very few work well
below 10 or 20 MHz."

73, de Earl, K6SE