Topband: 0.025 Wavelength Tall Vertical--6 dB Gain

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 0.025 Wavelength Tall Vertical--6 dB Gain
From: howard@keynet.net (Howard Dybedock)
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 10:59:36 -0500
>(P.S.  I had to check the date of the article to make sure it was not
>dated April 1 but I guess March 31 is close enough!  :-)  de W4ZV)

What they failed to include in the article, is that when buried in the
Egyptian sand, it forms an image radiator the same height as the depth of
the burial.  They recently took one into the depth of a pyramid, and found
that the radiation field came from the tippy-top of the pyramid.

Perhaps a new use for abandoned coal mines here in central Illinois.  Maybe
we can dig out of the "black hole" on topband!  ;=)

Howard
AK9F