Topband: Re: [TowerTalk] 0.025 Wavelength Tall Vertical--6 dB Gain!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: [TowerTalk] 0.025 Wavelength Tall Vertical--6 dB Gain!
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 04:08:02 -0400
Hi Bill,

Don't be sucked in by this crap.......

This stuff all died a few years ago when it was thoroughly debunked
as pure fantasy.

It has recently been resurrected by a W5 who wrote an article on
some Internet Magazine called Antennas X.

This "thing" has been around in the early 80's, not one single
outsider has seen one work in a valid test.The theory is also
nonsense.

Near fields are a distance problem, NOT a field ratio problem. First
year Physics books tell the student that radiation comes from
charge acceleration, and not mixtures of how we quantify the
effects. It's like saying if we mix smoke and heat in a jar we make
a campfire in a bottle.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com