Topband: AW: CN8WW on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: AW: CN8WW on 160
From: bernd.och@boc.de (Bernd Och)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 08:08:34 +0200
Hi !

In fact the 160 antenna was a Titanex vertical (version V160E,
shipping in 2 meters long segments). We had no time to get it
ready before the contest, so we used only some of the elements
for a L/4 vertical on 80m. Monday after the contest we finished
the "real" Titanex (very easy with a MFJ-259B antenna analyser)
and got on the air.
The antenna was about 30 meters away from the Atlantic ocean
looking directly on water towards the U.S. and Europe/JA.

We worked a little over 1,060 contacts in only a few hours...
Although quite difficult, we also managed two JA contacts on 160.

73 for now,
Ben
DL6FBL/CN8WW