TopBand: Any Disturbances

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Any Disturbances
From: w5ps@airmail.net (Peter Sears)
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 13:23:09 -0600
I got up for the usual sunrise Pacific opening and heard nothing. The
band was extremely quiet but not a sole around. I saw spots for JA's
from W0's well north from me but nothing here. Even on 80m, very quite.I
called CQ on 1.831 and UA0FE comes right back 599 20-30dB above the
noise! I checked the WWV numbers from early this morning and the A+K
were 0,0. The band just popped open for a few minutes then closed again.
I checked 80m right after my qso and all was quite. Very strange.

Peter
W5PS