TopBand: VP8CRB news

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VP8CRB news
From: bernie@dailydx.com (Bernie McClenny)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 23:03:59 -0800
Sorry it's a little late but here it is.
de Bernie

It is Saturday morning and we are packed up and
ready to go to the airport.  We are happy with the
results of our DXpedition here in the Falkland
Islands.  Yesterday morning I passed 10,000 QSO
goal that had set for my trip.  I have received
some very positive comments from hams on the air
and via email.  A VK sent me a note saying this was
the best signal he ever heard from the Falkland
Islands.  I know that I have given several thousand
hams their first contact with the Falklands or much
needed new bands. The final logs are online at
http://no4j.com/nfdxa/logs/vp8crb.htm
and for RTTY
http://no4j.com/nfdxa/logs/vp8tty.htm

On Topband I have 140 contacts in the log.  I know
there is still a great demand out there, and I have
talked to one ham who confirmed online that I have
a letter in his call wrong.  On that band I kept a
hard copy of my log and notes.  If anyone has a
question about their 160 meter contact they can
contact me at  k4qd@juno.com

You asked if we had any other plans.  At this time
I can only say that Bob and I have been discussing
a return trip to South Georgia sometime in the
future and are investigating alternatives.

I cannot stress enough my appreciation for the
support I received from bob Valler VP8BFH and Mario
Zuciv VP8ALJ who actually made the site location
and accomodations possible.
Best 73 to all,
Jan  K4QD  (VP8CRB)

--