TopBand: ZL9 nighttime operation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZL9 nighttime operation
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:30:09 +0800

Unfortunately the situation with the ZL9 on 160m that Rys describes also
applies to VK6 - a maximum of twenty minutes of nighttime 'opportunity' from
1630 to 1652Z ONLY.

There may be other parts of the world in a similar situation.  Perhaps if
anyone else in this situation could make a post, the operators could be
alerted to the fact that these particular parts of world have a very limited
opportunity and specifically listen for them in this time slot.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ

<Gary,You have much better situation than we in Europe!They will start 1630
<and their sunset is 1652,so we have here ONLY 20 minutes!!!
<Anyway,I'm sure they will do their best.