TopBand: 160M DXpedition Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160M DXpedition Antenna
From: CATALANO_DENIS_E@hq.navsea.navy.mil (CATALANO_DENIS_E@hq.navsea.navy.mil)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:41:00 -0500
HNY 160M Aficionados.  A group from our local radio club is going on a
DXpedition to HK0 San Andres March 2-9. We are looking for a good option for a
160M transmit antenna.  We will have 2 beverages for receive, and amplifiers.
Any ideas, suggestions, or offers?  An announcement of the DXpedition is below.
                                                            73 Denis, W4DC

WWI TEAM SAN ANDRES 1999 DXPEDITION

The Woodbridge Wireless (WWI) from Woodbridge, Virginia is pleased to announce
its 4th DXpedition. This DXpedition will be to San Andres Island (HK0,  NA 033)
and will coincide with the 1999 ARRL DX Phone Contest.     Our callsign is yet
to be assigned (it may turn out to be HK0/W4DC).  We plan to operate from 2 - 9
March 1999, including  the contest, when two transmitters will be on the air.
Operations before and after the contest will emphasize RTTY, CW, and WARC bands.
All contest QSOs will be confirmed automatically with a photo QSL via the
bureau. You can send an SASE to W4DC if you need one quicker, or for QSOs
outside the contest.

The TEAM SAN ANDRES members are W4DC, K5OF, AA3KX, WB4ZNH, WN4FVU (if you need a
YL contact), N2PP, and WZ8P.  Check out our Home Page at:
http://www.pwcweb.com/wwi/DXpedition  for the latest news and log checking.
Questions and comments before and after the Dxpedition should be directed to
Denis, W4DC (catalanode@navsea.navy.mil).  During the operation, please contact
Mike, KA4RRU (ka4rru@erols.com).