TopBand: 2 KH2's on top band

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 2 KH2's on top band
From: n2nl@netpci.com (David Mueller)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:52:35 +1000
This afternoon I put up an inverted L, so there are now
2 KH2's QRV on top band.  I only have a couple radials
under it so far, but I've worked into VK/JA with half decent
signal reports.  I expect Gus might be louder than I with his
superior QTH (atop mountain), I'm sure we will be doing
some comparison once he returns from a business trip
to KH6.  I'll be honest and say I'm really too busy with work,
not knowing my schedule 24 hours in advance, to start making
skeds, but I'm usually connected to packet and will keep an
ear open for band openings.  I have a small amp that puts out
about 700W as well.
   I got several messages back with suggestions on solving
my computer noise.  I played a little bit today with it and I have
narrowed it down to the power supply.  It makes noise when I
turn it on without any cables or monitors attached except for the
power cord.  Since it is a clone case/power supply Its most
likely a lack of/limited power supply filtering.  I'm going to try
changing out the power supply with one from an old IBM I
have and it will probably clear up (I hope).
   73, and listen for a 2nd, probably weaker KH2 over the next
few weeks.
73, Dave kh2/n2nl

PS- to answer another question Im getting asked alot.  I
will be travelling to KH0 for 2 weeks starting next week.  I
won't have a radio with me (My ship is patrolling up there),
but I'm gonna try to scope out a location to put KH0 on
160, if not later this season or next winter.