TopBand: poor props

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: poor props
From: kl7y@alaska.net (Dan Robbins)
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 02:57:56 +0000
Here in South Central Alaska top band props have been extremely poor.
Europe has almost completely vanished.  The Caribbean is as rare as EU.
Even stateside stuff has suffered.  The only high spot all season was
working JT and XZ in the WW CW.  The rest of the year has been a
write-off.  Neighbor NL7Z feels the same.

It certainly seems that stratwarm alerts are coincidental with poor
condx on all bands for us.  Maybe IV3PRK is unaffected, but I'm not sure
that applies universally.  I agree with W8UVZ.

On the lighter side, there is one huge propagation mystery that crops up
every once in a while.  As an example, I had a sked with a UA3.
Unfortunately, I got delayed at work and did not get home in time to
make the sked.   However, I did get 3 SWL cards for that time and date.
"Heard you calling UA3...."

Happy Holidays to all.

                                        Dan KL7Y