TopBand: Duplicate QSOs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Duplicate QSOs
From: S21YP@granger.bdonline.com (Bob G3REP)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 07:52:36 +0600
While in fear of stating the obvious heres my thoughts on the subject

1. if the band is wide open and the DX station is running riot then don't
duplicate a QSO.

2. If the DX stn is calling and not getting replies then I used to be
grateful for a call from anyone just to confirm the band was open but no
one at the other end was responding.  A call will alert others tuning
around to listen a little harder and possibly switch their receive antennas
around.

3.  There is nothing more disheartening than making the effort to set the
station up, call continuously deprive oneself of sleep and not get any