TopBand: Conditions 12/16 from Ma

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Conditions 12/16 from Ma
From: Ken_Caruso@compuserve.com (KEN CARUSO)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 20:53:43 -0500

  Last night was my first night back on TopBand this season. The signals
from Europe were nothing short of spectacular. True 599++.  I noticed
stations west of the Mississippi were unusually absent. I did hear K1AO
from Kentucky snag a couple. I heard a W6 in a SSB rag chew with a VE3 up
at 1840 with good signals.
>From the log:

G3PQA   0330
F5LQ    0336
OM2TW   0343
C6AIE   0358
OM2XW   0417
F5LGE   0426
HA0DU   0433

JY9QJ copiable at his sunrise, heard a 2 lander and 3 lander work him. No
joy here.

 Current setup is the same old Inv L with the top about 60'. Only 6 130'
radials so far. A slight change this year with the base set 18" above
ground. Probably no big deal. But it seems to be playing real well.  More
radials to be set out as time permits. Looks like I missed a good morning
openning also, judging by the spots. VK and ZL's.

CU on TopBand,

Ken
WO1N
Ken_Caruso@compuserve.com