TopBand: Pacific / East coast opening this AM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Pacific / East coast opening this AM
From: jcraig@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Joe Craig)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 08:51:33 -0330 (NST)

Excellent conditions to the pacific region this AM.
At 1045 Tom w8ji was in qso with kh2/k4sxt.  When Tom signed
a VK called Gus, then I worked Gus, then vk3io.
Gus had fantastic sigs.  559 with only a bit of qsb.
First vo/zone 27 on 160 qso that I'm aware of.

Still chasing  XZ1N, but nil last night.  Heard him the
previous 3 nights on 1805.5 peaking and fading quickly
around 2345Z.  Did he change his tx qrg to 1808.5?  1805.5
has an irritating and raspy carrier.

73 Joe VO1NA