TopBand: fences

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: fences
From: eldridge@direct.ca (Bob Eldridge)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:17:32 -0800
>radiate. The 1950s noise blankers in all modern radios (tried them all)
>is a clipping circuit. When strong local (1,000 mile 30-60 over S9 ham
>signals) come on the air anywhere within the radios roofing filters...

I've never seen a 25 millivolt signal, but the blanker in the Corsair 2
completely removes the S9+10 click from the fence right under my antenna.
Foliage touching the fence wire intensifies the click, but it is still
removed by the blanker.
I guess an effective shocking pulse has to have a steep wavefront, and will
radiate.

Bob VE7BS