TopBand: Boring report - N6TR/K7RAT

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Boring report - N6TR/K7RAT
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 12:13:14 -0800 (PST)

Hello 160 fans -

Hasn't been much of anything to boast about in a long time.

Received a QSL from H40AA last week (#165).

During the second morning of the CQ WW DX, some exciting things
happened.  On the previous morning, XZ1N worked a number of
west coast stations - but that wasn't a new one.

However, on Sunday, I found a station sending zone 25 on (or around)
1823!  Normally, zone 25 means just another JA station, but not
on this frequency!!  Turned out to be DS4CNB with a pretty decent
signal from South Korea.  He was easy to work at 1444 UTC.

Then, about 30 minutes laster, JT1A was coming through.  I guess
W7RM worked him quickly, and W2VJN was trying to get him (finally did).
After quite a bit of calling, we were in the log.

Very nice to work two new ones in the span of 30 minutes after not working
much of anything else so far this season (only two Europeans in the log
so far).

I just hope the RF Gods are saving it for the Stew Perry!!

Was nice to say hello to GM3POI, SM4CAN and DJ7AA on 20 meters during the
test.

73 Tree N6TR / K7RAT
tree@contesting.com