TopBand: Re: 160 m de HC

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: 160 m de HC
From: k5ab@texas.net (Alan E. Brown)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 00:30:53 -0600
FELLOW TOPBANDERS:
THE MESSAGE BELOW WAS RECEIVED FROM UWE, TODAY.
LOOKS LIKE HE WILL QUALIFY FOR THE "WORKED ALL VOLTAGES" AWARD!!!
VY 73,
ALAN BROWN, K5AB

Hi Alan,

yes it is true I have a lot of problems here with the equipment. But it
is not
my mistake.
The voltage here is around 110 V. But during the night they pushed up
the
power to around 160 V and a lot of electrical kinds demaged during this
time. The only kind what is working well is the computer. So that's the
reason why I have only around 20 W.  It is also difficult here to get
direct
help, because everything is going very very slowly. Tomorrow I'll get
new
transistors for the linear-amp of the TRX and I'll hope everything is OK
than.

Sorry for this situation, it is not my fault.

Regards from Cuenca in Ecuador