TopBand: The following day....!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: The following day....!
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (w8ji.tom)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 07:36:10 -0500
To: <topband@contesting.com>
> Date: Saturday, October 31, 1998 3:46 AM

Hi Mike,

You wrote:
> Please excuse my earlier posting.  We have somebody sending long series
> of el-key dots over many QSO's at the moment, as well as the minor

I called you a few times, but every time you faded out. QSB was bad here
also.

8Q7IO had the same QSB, and we have the same QRM problems stateside you do.
Right when 8Q7IO peaked and became very readable (still daylight here),
someone threw a long steady carrier on him. Then other people called other
people names and hurled insults on top of him.

Like you, I'm glad only very few people who do that. I like to think the
carrier is someone who just was tuning up not knowing he was on the 8Q7's
frequency. It would be nice if the name calling stopped. All it does is add
to QRM.

I wonder what everyone else thinks about NOT giving the exact frequency of
DX on packet? Perhaps the QRM comes from people who can't work the DX, and
they just transmit on the spot frequency to prevent others from working DX?

73 Tom