TopBand: Inverted-L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted-L
From: wes@attawayinterests.com (Wes Attaway)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:05:02 -0600
No balun needed ..... just connect coax right to the antenna.  This is an
unbalanced antenna.  The proper length is somewhere around 135', with about
65' or so vertical if you can manage this.  If you have some leeway with the
length of the horizontal portion then just cut it a little long (160' or so
total length of antenna) and then prune the thing until the feedpoint
impedance approaches 50-ohms.  This isn't really necessary, but it tends to
make people happy because their SWR meter needle doesn't move much.  Be sure
to lay out as many radials as possible ..... the more the better, especially
if you have a small yard and the radials will be short ones.

--------- Wes Attaway (N5WA) ----------
2048 Pepper Ridge, Shreveport, LA 71115
--- (318) 797-3012; 797-4972 (Fax) ----