TopBand: wire log-periodic dipole arrays

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: wire log-periodic dipole arrays
From: w4th@webtv.net (Tom Hix)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 05:07:35 -0600 (CST)
Has anyone ever tried a wire log-periodic dipole array for 160 meters?
The design for these antennas first got my attention when I was looking
through the 16th addition of the ARRL Antenna book, section 10-7. I
wrote to the author of that article, and he modeled one for 160 meters
for me. If I could just find where I put it...hi hi. I was just
wondering if anyone had ever tried one of these things on 160 or 75 for
that matter. If so how did it do? Thanks
Tom Hix
W4TH
Boaz, Al.