TopBand: More VK6-W3 land QRP QSOs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: More VK6-W3 land QRP QSOs
From: dz@VOA.GOV (Richard Zwirko)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:40:38 -0400 (EDT)

Top Band conditions were again FB from W3 land to VK6 land this (Wed.)
morning. At 1055Z, K1HTV worked VK6HD for the 2nd day in a row using QRP.

About 25 minutes later, W3GH/QRP in western PA, also running 5 Watts
worked VK6HD!  I wish more of the big guns who work the same DX stations
over and over again try doing so with low power or even better still,
with QRP. This would give more Top Band stations, who may have never
worked the DX before, a better chance of doing so.

DXing can be and IS a personal challange. Give it a try w/o the big room
heater attached to the rig. You will be amazed at what you can work. Save
the amp for the new ones.

I know I'll hit a nerve in some of the big guns, so...flack jacket on :-)

73 de Rich - K1HTV
dz@voa.gov