TopBand: VK6 hrd/wkd

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VK6 hrd/wkd
From: bazley@fullcomp.com.au (Michael Bazley)
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 09:02:15 +0800
Hi All, The XYL and I usually have our evening meal at 1000z. Today I asked
if she could delay it for 30 minutes so I could catch the sunset at 1014z.
October 3rd. 0955/1030z
Heard Jack, VE1ZZ, first put out a CQ at 0958 and we had a QSO 2 minutes
later. A CQ by me at 1010z brought QSO's with seven Eastern USA stations and
VE7SV ( was he up early or up late?). At 1030 I did hear other stations
calling but had to QRT to keep the domestic bliss...I believe Bob, VK3ZL,
took over the spot and kept giving VK QSO's. I had a listen around 1120z and
wkd Zl2REX and heard KH2F on 1824.5 CQ QSX JA. Back again with a CQ at 1320
and Bob, N7UA gave me a QSO, no other staions heard. 2055/2145z Band very
quiet and heard  weak signals from RX9AX, ZS6UT and 9A98JP. Jo, YC0LOW was a
good signal on 1828. Just after sunrise had another QSO with VE1ZZ.
73 es dx de Mike VK6HD