TopBand: Radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Radials
From: ve3zi@hotmail.com (Roger P)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 16:53:54 PDT
Hi All

I really don't want to reopen the elevated -v- buried radials debate,
but I am unsure as to how to proceed. I am just putting up a somewhat
better vertical for 160. It is right next to a laneway, across which I
can bury wires, but cannot use elevated wires unless they are more than
5m high. It is surrounded by horrible bush. So, it is easy to install
elevated radials over about 200 degrees, and very hard to bury them.

The easiest thing to do would be to use radials laid over/through the
bush, have them buried under the laneway and through the bush
thereafter.

Any thoughts please? It was a much simpler decision in the green fields
of England!

73, Roger
VE3ZI/G3RBP