TopBand: Antenna advice

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Antenna advice
From: lz2cjvis@mbox.digsys.bg (Valeri Stefanov)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 10:45:43 +0300
Hi to All members of the Group,

We are eventually going to build next months a brand new
Contest/DX QTH for rent here right in the center of
Bulgaria. This will be at very good location 1300m above
sea level.
A lot of space for antennas will be available together with
the luxury of  5 stars hotel - nice room or appartment with
sauna,tangentor bath-tub,fitness hall etc. at the price of
3 stars Western hotel.

The antennas will most probably be TITANEX.
Since we want to build the best TOP BAND location in EU
THE QUESTION IS :

Anyone having experience with TITANEX V160 E (S)
vertical installed over a rocky terrain ?
They say the antenna is supplied without radials.
Anyone tried this one with elevated radials over rocky
terrain ? Share the results,please ?
As most of you know I have a lot of experience with
verticals,but installed in a valley with good soil
conductivity. I am interested in the performance of the
vertical with elevated radials over the soil with poor
conductivity before making relatively big investment in
V160 vertical and V160AF5.

Best 73's

Wally LZ 2 CJ
lz2cj@qsl.net