TopBand: z measurements

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: z measurements
From: W7lr@aol.com (W7lr@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:00:25 EDT
I believe that this is a topband topic.  I'd like to make impedance
measurements on verticals to be used in an array.  No luck with MFJ AEA
instruments due to overload from bc stations.  It seems an rf bridge would be
better since you could use one rig for a generator and another rig for the
detector, and have enough power to overcome outside signals (such as you can
do with your rig swr meter, but that gives you only swr).  I have an old GR
1603A bridge but no instruction book.
On the panel it says input generator frequency to 20 khz - not too good for
160m!
Does anyone know if this bridge will work on 160m, and/or if GR made another
model for hf?  I thought about making my own bridge since I have an estimate
of what impedances are involved, but suspect that would be one too many
projects for this summer.  Any ideas of info?  73 Bob W7LR in Montana. Not as
hot as Texas but still about 95 daytime.