TopBand: W3ESU/K8CFU 'minipoise' - any info?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: W3ESU/K8CFU 'minipoise' - any info?
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 08:51:22 +0800
For about a year, I have been experimenting with an elevated earth mat on
160m known as a 'minipoise', which I understand was originally described in
CQ magazine April 1984 by John Frey, W3ESU.  Loosely speaking, it is a an
elevated earth mat in a square shape, with a perimeter wire and sides
measuring 100' x 100'.

The minipoise evolved from experiments carried out by Archie Doty K8CFU,
W3ESU and K4HU that were originally described in QST magazine in February
1983, while W3ESU's subsequent 'mini-poise' development was in CQ magazine
April 1984.

My version of the minipoise was based on a brief summary of both articles
given in the book Practical Wire Antennas by John Heys, G3BDQ, published by
the RSGB, on page 62.

In order to continue with the work, I have been trying to get hold of copies
of both the original CQ and QST articles, but without success.  Does anyone
out there know if these articles are anthologised anywhere or has copies of
them?

If not, if anyone has copies of the actual articles, I would be delighted to
pay photocopying and postage costs to send them to Western Australia.

Many thanks!

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ