TopBand: 9V1 Soon on TopBand

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 9V1 Soon on TopBand
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 11:12:35 EDT
That last Singaore operation on Topband that I recall was 9V1LP in the
late 60s.  I was inactive from 1984 to 1996, so maybe there are others
more recently.  Anyway, yesterday I received the following e-mail:

-----------------begin forwarded mail ------------------

I should get my 9V1 call soon.  The authorities here are professional
bureaucrats.  I had to be in the country 3 months before I could apply.
That time was up on April 1.  The paperwork was submitted the moment my
3 months was up, now I have to wait until they process it.  James,
9V1ZV, tells me it should happen in the next few weeks.

I have plans to try the shortened sloper for topband that was in QST a
month or so ago.  My lot, although large by Singapore standards, is not
big enough for much more.  The antenna will be low and pointed in the
wrong direction, and Singapore limits us to 100 watts, so it will be a
pretty tough row to hoe on the low bands.  Keep an ear out for me
though!

Take care es 73,
Greg, K0GN/9V1??

73, de Earl, K6SE

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]