TopBand: CQ WPX Test - Down Under

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CQ WPX Test - Down Under
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 06:10:05 +0800
Good conditions on into Europe on 160m during the CQ WPX on 30/5/, but only
few QSOs.  Maybe there was a lot of QRN, but some stations could receive a
lot better than others.  SN3A peaked at RST589, but could not hear me at all!

Stations worked were U0JE (1252Z), OH5VT (2215Z) and RW2F (2232Z).

Other signals heard but not worked were: SN3A, YL3DW, SK3GW, 9A1A, HA8BE,
LY5W, LY7A, UY1HY, UR5EU(?), EU1FC.  I only called some of the stations
heard, who were mainly between S3 - S6.

Nice conditions for this time of year.  Usually don't hear much from Europe
until the end of April until August time.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ