TopBand: Keys

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Keys
From: eb6aok@jet.es (Enric)
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 22:01:07 -1
[¯¯¯ TST HOST 1.43b, Dif/Utc.:5, Escrito el: Jue May 07 09:50:53 1998 ®®®]

        Sri for posting this here, since this is not concerned to topband,
but maybe some collector can assist me.

I have the opportunity of purchase an old key, Vibroplex model Vibro-Keyer, but
the thing is that I would like to determine how old is it. I know this model
was  first  introduced in the 1960 ARRL Handbook, with beige crackle finish
base,  and "833 BROADWAY NEW YORK,N.Y." as the address shown on the plaque,
and    serial    no.  "380000".  This  is  question,  what's the manufacture's
year  which  corresponds to that serial number..? Is it from the  early  60s..?
I would like to know how much can I offer for that. What would  be  a  good
value to pay for..? It comes with the original box, and stands the letters
"P.M." on the right hand-side corner of the label of the box, don't know what
they mean! Any help in finding the age of that key will be much appreciated.

Greetings de:
            Josep EA6ACC
            Internet E-mail via Enric EB6AOK
            mailto:eb6aok@jet.es