TopBand: Loud VKs on TopBand

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Loud VKs on TopBand
From: jkjones@fn.net (Jon K. Jones)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 06:59:22 -0500
Great condx to the land "down under" this morning. I called
CQ on 1.830 around 1130 and was answered by VK7BC.
Frank an honest 579 on the balloon vertical. Tuned down to
1.824 and had a nice QSO with Paul, VK3AJJ who has tried
several times to listen for me on 160 - but wind kept me off
the air when he was on. First VKs on TopBand!  Fading out
now at 1155 though Paul still audible - now a large pile on him.
No sign of FO0FI  :(  they would have done well today...
Using 1/4 wave balloon vertical, 100 watts.
73,
Jon N0JK