TopBand: CW segment

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CW segment
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 98 21:13:23 EST
--- On Tue, 07 Apr 1998 08:26:46 -0400 (EDT)  Bill Tippett
<btippett@CTC.Net> wrote:

>        We tried that last year!  I got more than 128 responses
>(including W8JI BTW!) to a survey regarding a bandplan, I sent the
>results to K1KI who is a Director and exactly nothing has happened.
>I think I can summarize the situation by the following:
>
>        1.  The FCC is in the "deregulation" mode since they do
>not have any enforcement anyway.

        True, but it wouldn't be impossible to make a change.

>        2.  ARRL is afraid to "rock the boat" in this environment.

        False, there just hasn't been enough support for it.  While
        the sentiment in New England was generally positive (but not
        100%), there were other areas where the opposite was true. I
        heard that both PVRC and FRC had voted on it at club meetings
        and did not support a change.

>        3.  Our directors are hearing "everything is fine as it
>is" from most of their membership.

        True, but in general there isn't all that much input (on any
        topic!).

                        73 Tom

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444