TopBand: REAL 160M Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: REAL 160M Antennas
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 21:46:09 -0700
I just received my first package of QSLs from the bureau since last
October (I wish I knew why my large number isn't sent more frequently
as I requested).  I separated out the ones for top band contacts...
The comments from one ham from Croatia particularly caught my attention
with all of the recent antenna discussion.  I thought that I would
list some of the 160M antennas to consider if you don't have room for
a four square:

COUNTRY    ANTENNA                  POWER  REMARKS
Croatia    Sloper at 5 meters        100   [must be a steep slope]
Germany    40M LW 16M up             100
England    Inv V 30ft cntr, 15' ends 100   2nd USA contact (WW2Y 1st)
France     12M hi Inv V              100
Japan      Dipole up 14M              50
Norway     1/4W sloper fed @ 60ft    100   First W on 160
Many       Dipoles, inv V, Marconi's, zepps etc. at unknown heights

73,  Bill     K0HA