TopBand: FW2EH -MAGIC

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: FW2EH -MAGIC
From: ve3zi@hotmail.com (Roger P)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 07:01:49 PST
It's 15 minutes before sunrise. You're tuning the receiver with one hand
and drinking tea with the other. Suddenly, there is FW2EH calling CQ
loud and clear.
He signs, you call. Decision - how many times to sign. You realise you
are the only caller, and wait for the 'LID' and 'UP' when you go over.
Amazement and joy. Perfect QSO.
Doesn't happen all that much, but isn't that just the magic of 160!

He was loud here for about 15 minutes and audible until 20 minutes past
my sunrise. YB0ARA/9 was 569 when he worked the FW which is the best I
have heard him since January.

I do hope that the Pacific stations will realise that 1100 is getting a
bit late for the Eastern side of the continent and start a while
earlier. But aren't conditions wonderful to that part of the world?

73, Roger
VE3ZI/ex-G3RBP