TopBand: SSB Ragchewers in DX area

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: SSB Ragchewers in DX area
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 07:00:52 +0000
I hope this doesn't start a flame war, but it might be good to remind
people others can work DX long after YOUR local sunrise.

For the past three days, DXers have been ragchewing on SSB in the DX
area of the band at sunrise.

Yesterday two stations were busy making plans to attend the 160 bash,
while talking right on top of and QRMing a VK I was working (1838
KHz).

This morning a mobile and two fixed stations were ragchewing on SSB
on top of a 3D2 (1824 KHz). One station had an exceptionally
wide signal, with S7 splatter all the way up to 1830. He was wiping
out YB0ARA while telling the others he wished he could work the
YB0!!!

Pretty silly when you think about it. I hope we can eliminate
needless QRM from fellow DXers.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com