TopBand: Re: Low angle versus high angle

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Low angle versus high angle
From: JEH@on.mobile.telia.se (Jan-Erik Holm 0920 239081 , 010 2255226)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 06:59:16 GMT+1
>And I cant even get into the 3rd tier with my 160' high inverted V Steve.
>I think Yuri is correct...it is too high. When I first moved here in
>89-90 winter all I had was a V at 55'...worked 3Y5X on Bouvet on 1 call
>thru one of the biggest pileups ever....Go figure!
>
>The verticals certainly do an above average job for me and seem to be the
>antenna of choice amongst most New England DXers. But then you have K1MEM
>with a 80' high V that works it all too....including such uniques as the
>Andamans many years ago ( '87??).
>

>73  Carl  KM1H

What people work with their antennas is no judgement of antenna
performance. It is a matter of activity, you gotta be at the right
place at the right time and then it doesnt matter if your signal
is 30 db down from the big boys. There are lots of Swedes I will
absolutly cream on 80 and 160 but they still work more stuff
then me and thats becourse I simply dont have time enough to be
as active as they are.

73 Jim SM2EKM