TopBand: NL7Z ECHO

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: NL7Z ECHO
From: wd4jra@planttel.net (John Vickers)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 10:34:41 -0500
Hi All
Observation of NL7Z echo 20 Mar 98. Started hearing Kevin before his 10:20z
QSO / VE3DO. Listened off & on till past 11:00z.

Kevins sig was best on 155 deg 600 ft Bev and also heard ok on Inv-L. The
sig was down on 330 deg 1200 ft Bev. HEAVY echo kept me from being sure it
was him--- when his sig would dip the echo would decrease so that signal
would have been Q5 under good condx. (same as some others obsvd)  BUT
violent storms to my North & Northwest kept QRN above his weakened but
single path sig.

My Sunrise approx  11:37z (heard well B4)
QTH 140 miles SE of Atlanta
        100 miles ESE W8JI  (did you obsv similar directions Tom?)
Only other sigs from NW were W6 & W7s -- no echos there --- and best on 330
deg ant

Because of QRN never tried QSO. Don't know what it was but I'm interested
73
John / JRA