TopBand: HARD COPY

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: HARD COPY
From: wd4jra@planttel.net (John Vickers)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 13:19:19 -0500
Thanks /NH1
This mornings contact with FFW was "Tuffest" yet for me on the band.
Between SSB contesters and EL Nineo QRN to 30 db +S9 it took several tries.
Wanted to say thanks to Mac / NH1 for sticking with me--- and ESPECIALLY to
you fellows that had better Rx condx but waited patiently for me to try
thru the Noise.

The guys on Howland are not DXpeditioners but had a chance to  put 3
countries on the air that may become almost impossible because of USFWS
control. Due to BAD Weather and FWS sked changes they have been at a great
disadvantage but seem to be doing well on all bands despite condx.
Tnx agn es 73
John