TopBand: 160 & EL NINO from NM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 & EL NINO from NM
From: gjerning@flash.net (Arne Gjerning)
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 12:41:58 -0800
El Nino certainly made itself know Friday night in NM. Noise level at
30db over 9 on my sloper. And to get rid of local very strong broadcast
stns I switch in 10 db attn on the TS940S.

In a period of 2 minutes (0600-0623) did work 6 stns (HU1X, V26B, PJ9G,
KP3P, XE2EBE,  and ZD8Z). ZD8Z was country number 83 for me using my one
and only antenna RX/TX After working Jim I turned everything off and went
to bed as work was early Sat morning priority. Will try again tonight.

GL from Albuquerque, NM

Arne N7KA