TopBand: ZL7 Update 01_03

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZL7 Update 01_03
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 07:07:39 +0100
Had a lot of 'fun' listening to the pseudo-QSO's
of the Europeans 'working' us on the 'wrong'
split-frequency. Unfortunately the band never
really opened into central Europe this night.

Wasted a lot of time calling several Europeans who
did not came back to me. Will change split QRG from
time to time to work the one who really read us.
Listen carefully guys...

OTOH - heard and called dozens of US SSB contest
stations without success. We can assure you were
loud here.

At least the band was the second time open to JA:

JA0AOQ   JA3AAW   JE4WKR   JK2VOC   UA4UDF
JA0BNX   JA3CSZ   JF1HOH   JK3AGC   UN5J
JA0CRI   JA3REK   JF2DJK   JR3IIR   ZK1DI
JA0DAI   JA5ALA   JF7MQS   JR6PGB
JA0UUA   JA5EY    JH2FXK   JR7TEQ
JA1EOD   JA8DYE   JH3CNM   JR7YXZ
JA1SHE   JA8RJE   JI1SJC   OH1NOR
JA1XQC   JA9HCG   JI1WRM   OH2BO
JA2ACI   JE1ZDU   JJ2LPV   OH7MS
JA2PJC   JE2TRG   JJ3LLT   RA4UF

Sofar in total some 18,000 QSO's, 1,300 of them in RTTY.

We'll continue our regular schedule tonight on 1829 for
Stateside and 1823.5 for JA/EU.

Got several messages concerning our time schedules. Be
assured we do not forget anybody but useless to stay over
hours on top when no sign of a station. We start to listen
for Stateside beginning 1030z. With propagation we sure
will remain on top also for the W4,W5 and W0's - so be patient.
Unfortunately Stateside condx does not happen every night.

Europe peak seems to be around 1630z for OH and a sharp peak
1710..15 for Western Europe. We stay on band as long as we
can detect any European sign. Normally signals disappear
around 1715.

vy 73, Joerg/Mar for the ZL7DK crew