TopBand: ZL7DK Update 26.02

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZL7DK Update 26.02
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (WIL DJ7AA)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 05:56:28 +0000
Dear friends,

finally the heavy rain and storm is over (Murphy was here ...)
and we got all our antennas up and running. We're running three
stations in parallel, for 160 a 66ft Titanex with 2x 33ft topload
and for 80 a second full size quaterwave-vertical, both with
4x elevated radials. Rx conditions are superb (at least for me,
coming from YB).

After three days of operation (and only 1.5 nights on topband)
the log here at ZL7DK looks like this (25th Feb., 24:00Z):

AA0RS    K4ZW     N4CH     W0YG     ZL4WA
AI6L     K5AQ     N4RJ     W1FV
AJ6T     K5NA     N4SU     W1JR
DJ2BW    K6FG     N4VV     W1JZ
DJ6RX    K6NA     N4VZ     W1WAI
DJ7AA    K6SE     N6NT     W1YY
DJ8QP    K6SSS    N6SS     W1ZC
EI5HE    K6TQ     N6TR     W2OKM
G3FPQ    K6UR     N7NN     W2VO
G3PQA    K6VX     N8TR     W2WG
G3TJW    K6XT     N9EN     W3BGN
G3XRJ    K6ZZ     NI6T     W3GH
GW4VEQ   K7DZ     NR0X     W3GU
JA8FKO   K9FD     NX0I     W4DR
JA8ISU   K9NX     S57A     W4FOA
JA8KFV   K9RJ     S57X     W4PK
JA8RJE   K9UWA    S59Z     W4YO
JF1NZW   K9YY     UA0FBQ   W4ZV
JH8SRI   KA6W     UA0FDX   W6AJJ
JJ8OZM   KA7T     UA0FZ    W6KUT
K0HA     KD9SV    VE3IY/7  W6OSP
K0JUH    KG6I     VE3ZI    W6PBI
K1ZM     KH6AK    VE5RA    W6SVN
K1ZZ     KL7XX    VE6LB    W7AM
K2BU     KV0Q     VE7BS    W7TVF
K3SX     KX4R     VK2BHO   W8JI
K3UL     N0AT     VK3QI    W8UVZ
K4IQJ    N0TB     VK4CEU   W9XR
K4PI     N1KWF    VK6VZ    WA2UUK
K4SO     N4CC     W0BV     WD4JRA
K4TEA    N4CFL    W0EK     ZL2RDJ

Will be on 80/160 every night starting from 1030Z.
Sunrise is around 1715Z with a sharp peak into Europe.

For Europe we will work split only, up 7 kHz. Hopefully
the guys learn to stay standby and listen until we show up.
Not like last night, when half of Europe tried to call us
on our Tx freq, causing only unneccessary QRM. We will NOT
call anybody in Eu in S&P mode. We can hear EU coming out
of the mud already half an hour before you guys finally
can hear us. That means, important is how good you can listen,
not how strong your signal is or how long you penetrate the
others with QRM.

Hope we'll catch some more good openings, stay tuned.

vy73,

Joerg YB1AQS / Mar DL3DXX
for the ZL7DK crew