TopBand: ARRL DX CW - Single Band 160 from HA0DU

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ARRL DX CW - Single Band 160 from HA0DU
From: Istvan.Bogyo@mdc.hu (Bogyo Istvan)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:15:47 +0100
Dear TopBanders,

I still do not know if it was a smart decision, but worked the contest
160 meters single band. The first night was somewhat better, I had K0HA,
N7JW, W5PS and all (but Ala) East Coast states and 119 Qs in the log,
although I started only at 00:58. The second night was simply awful. I
started CQing at 22:30, but had only 39 Qs by 03:30, when - after
calling CQ for 25 minutes without response - I decided to give it up and
better sleep.

All in all, 158 Qs, 32 mults, thus 15,168 points, not bad for a first
try, is it?

73 es DX

Steve HA0DU

PS: I try to be there every morning on 1826-1827. Give me a call...