TopBand: TJ1GB

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TJ1GB
From: w9vne@fuse.net (James S. Danehy)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:33:58 -0500
AA1K asked about Bob going QRT at his sunrise because he loses power. I
saw a packet spot at 0500 that he was going to QSY. I was waiting. I had
my xmtg freq on 1830 (+6 khz). I sent my call twice and he came right
back. That was 0502 GMT. I kept listening. There was a fairly good
pileup on 1830 after I worked him. I never heard him again. If anyone
worked him after I did I would like to know. He had a decent signal.
Quite readable but not strong. I would appreciate knowing if who I
worked was a pirate or the real thing. I hate to work him twice and look
like a DX hog. We have too many of those already on the band.

If anyone can help me out here feel free to email me direct. Thanks.

73

Jim W9VNE
Cincinnati, Ohio