TopBand: 9M0C, Day 5 & counting, from the Land of Enchantment

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 9M0C, Day 5 & counting, from the Land of Enchantment
From: miltj@aepnet.com (Milt Jensen, N5IA)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 06:52:09 -0700
I am listening for the signal as I start typing this message.  The signal
is there this morning, but extremely weak.  It is obvious that the superb
propogation of Monday is not going to repeat itself.

A number of stations have asked about my receiving antennas.  I have
multiple Beverages for the winter season, in a farmer's field a la ON4UN.
The one I am using for 9M0C is the JA azimuth, 310 degrees.  It is a 3
wavelength, 2-wire job made of # 12 copperweld, 12" spacing, & 10' above
ground.  The dual transformer is constructed per John's instructions in
"Low Band DXing".  The reciprocal of this antenna is used for Central
America/northern South America.

Here is my listening log for today, for whatever it is worth.

1249    A whisper of signal
1252    Gave 479 to a station with "W" in the call.  I am not hearing any
      stations calling on any frequency, from 24.5 to 34.5.
1252 to 1301  Only whispers at times.
1301    QRZ
1306    "?"   Still no calls from any station on any frequency.
1309    CQ
1311    CQ
1313    NY7T answering on 26.9
1317    KT5X calling on 26.9
1319    NY7T answering on 26.5
1320    CQ
1322    CQ   Signal finally to 339 on peaks, with QSB.
1325    Double CQ run
1325    NY7T answering on 26.5
1330    W6AT calling on 26.9
1342    KT5X calling on 26.5
1348    W6AT calling on 26.9

And it looks like that is it from here.  I haven't heard even a whisper from
9M0C in 30 minutes now, and it is just a couple of minutes to sun rise.
Y'all have a good day now; hear!!       Quizas manana!  Ojala.  73 de Milt,
N5IA