TopBand: 9M0C, Day 4 in NM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 9M0C, Day 4 in NM
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 23:14:18 -0800
Tuesday morning started sounding like a normal day with 9M0C here.
Shortly after getting up I listened on 1824.5 and heard nothing at
first.  Around 1235z I heard 9M0C calling CQ.  He had a reasonable
signal through the high static level (459).  I figured that I'd wait
until around 1300z to start calling since from then until 1315 is
when his signal usually peaks (569 to 579).  Listening again then
I heard nothing during that period.  They had a pretty good signal
on 3800 though (56)...
  I just received a MFJ-1026 Noise Canceling device today and have
started my experimentation:  I've found it excellent in eliminating
"ground wave" stations, very good in reducing sky wave signals,
and poor in solving todays static level due to the storms being
close with a wide azimuth of points of origin (expected).

73,  Bill     K0HA