TopBand: n2nl/kh2 160 story bad news :-(

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: n2nl/kh2 160 story bad news :-(
From: n2nl@kuentos.guam.net (Dave Mueller)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 17:29:18 +1000 (GST)
  Hi again guys....
   Bad news.  Over the weekend a noise source came up which completely wipes
out 160m from my present QTH.  Although most of the power on island has been
restored after Typhoon Paka, they are still repairing a few places and I
think they just turned on a section with a bad insulator or lightning
protector somewhere.  The noise is 20 over S9 on 160 and 80, and S9 on 40m
even.  It sounds like line noise.  Anyway it makes 160 impossible at the
moment for me.
   I need to apologize for all the guys who were listening for me over the
weekend, I was too busy at work to send a message with the news.  I was
active Friday AM and worked a handful more stateside stations, but when I
turned the rig on for my Sunrise to listen to Eu, the line noise was there.
   If this noise goes away I will be back on 160.  If not, I'll just have to
wait until later in the year for my planned serious 160m effort.  Instead of
100W I should have close to full power by then with recieve antennas, and I
hope to work a bunch of guys east of the Mississippi and Europe in addition
to other parts of the world.
   I will post an update if anything comes up.....otherwise I will continue
to try to be as active as my job allows on the other HF bands, mostly CW.
Atleast a part time effort in the ARRL DX CW contest looks likely at the
moment.
   Sorry again,
73, Dave n2nl/kh2