TopBand: CN2IB & Expedition traps

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CN2IB & Expedition traps
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:34:38 -0500
     CN2IB was decent copy 569 with QSB to 339 on my 70 degree beverage at
     0550 zulu this morning.

     Thanks to K9UWA and K3UL for the jingles.  I shut off my second alarm
     on the way back to bed after a solid contact.

     He was on 1824 for over an hour this morning.

     Thanks again to all who called or e-mailed me.

     On traps:  I have a good offer of some coil stock.  I am trying to not
     wind coils, just prune as I build and tune them.  I have dog bone
     insulators, but could always take another one.  I could always use a
     couple of the 10KV or 7.5 KV ceramics at anywhere from 40 to 100 pfd
     if someone wants to offer them up.   This is not mass production,
     maybe only 3 - 4 each.

     I was thinking of sealing them with Krylon clear electronic spray
     lacquer.  One of the locals suggested plastic tool handle dip like we
     used on some traps for the B. C. Specials.   Any thoughts from the
     reflector?  Will the voids between the exposed discs of the door knob
     type ceramics be a problem if they are sealed?

     73         George          K8GG