TopBand: 3DA0CA: 5 Feb. 98

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA: 5 Feb. 98
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 07:53:01 +200
>From 3DA0CA:

Almost gave up this am.  No QSO's up to my surnrise then the band opened for
half an hour. Still NO JA. Was on at 2115 till 2215 and only heard a very
weak few at their sunrise.  I had VERY quiet conditions.  Took off my
20 dB attenuator and still only had S5 noise.  It occurs to me that I
have never worked JA at their sunrise.  Maybe the openings will not
happen at that time and needs to be an hour before or so???

160 logs for 5 Feb. 98 from 3DA0CA

ZS6AL
ON4WW
K0MP