TopBand: Re: cy9aa 1998 ops needed.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: cy9aa 1998 ops needed.
From: oz7c@cool.dk (Boye Christensen oz7c@cool.dk)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 98 03:03:07 PST
Mike !!!

My advise to you is, get the QSL cards out before you take on a
DXexp  again, otherweisse the same stations will make a new
contact for getting the bands/country confirmed !!!

73 Boye OZ7C/OZ1CTK

oz7c@cool.dk

Hi Guys/Gals.

Cards for last years cy9aa have started to trickle out slowly but
consistently.  I am away at college all week, so am only able to work
on
them during a few brief moments between homework on the
weekends.

Still looking for SERIOUS operators for this years 1998 CY9
expedition
starting arounf Junr 25th and lasting ~10 days.  What follows is
a re-send of an earlier post, but pretty much holds true for now as
well.

Any further info, contact me, ve9aa Mike at <ve9aa@hotmail.com>

=======================resend follows==================
To: <topband@contesting.com>
dx@ve7tcp.ampr.org Date:          Sat, 18 Apr 1998 23:49:21

DX Bulletin re: cy9aa 1998,

I have officially received permission to operate from St. Paul Island
during
the window June 25th - July 15th, although total time of operation will
likely only be 9-10 days. Callsign will be CY9AA as in 1997. QSL's to
VE9AA
- group leader.

Operation will be 160m thru 6m SSB/CW, with one station dedicated
full
time
 6m service - (this band will take priority for the fourth operator
position).  No other modes or bands are
 planned
at this time. Usual DX frequencies will be employed.

At this time, only myself is on the list of operators, and I will be
seeking
out a few capable cw/ssb ops from here and there to complete this
years
lineup.
****(have 2 possible ops at this time)
 Ideal ops would be:
- physically fit, as it can be an endurance marathon in cold wet wx.
-  fast with CT v.9, both SSB/CW, or at least CT9, and send qrq CW
with a keyer.  Be able to run a fast SSB pileup as well.
- able to take 2 weeks off of work, due to unpredictable WX in the
Atlantic.
-able to afford to share in expenses.(amount will depend on number
of
ops in
team and amount collected through sponsors. - maybe $500US
would be a
rough estimate/EACH. - able to play nice with others - (Ie: a TEAM
player.)
-pay for their own way to/from NB, or possibly NS -  available often
via
email to iron out details, air ideas, etc. with other team members.
-able to
furnish their own xcvr if needed.  Antennas have been generously
provided by
Cushcraft.  Bandpass filters by Dunestar systems.-(priority will be
given to ops with dxpedition experience.)
-etc. etc. That should be enough for now to get a few guys thinking !

 After that, all that
remains is financing.  As a College student living on student loans
away
from home, this is the unfortunate reality for me.  Got lots spunk but
short
on cash, hi hi!

I am looking, therefore for operators,  donations, sponsors, and a
QSL
sponsor to complete this mission for 'YOU',  the deserving.  Ideas,
comments, and constructive critisisms to <ve9aa@hotmail.com>

Very nice QSL's for Cy9aa 1997 arrived last week, but a problem with
my
inkjet  printer prevented me from printing up any labels this weekend.
****(labels all done and cards have started to go out)
 Next
weekend when I am home from College I will work on them again.

MIKE/ve9aa . . . cy9aa

7 3 de Mike, VE9AA/P in FN76oc