TopBand: 3DA0CA CQWW Contest--23/24 January

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA CQWW Contest--23/24 January
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 09:34:25 +200
What a lousy first night.  T-storms gave almost a continuous QRN level of
S9+20 until about 4 AM until it quieted down to bursts of S9+10 QRN every
few seconds.

I did work the usual ZS but even that was tough. ZS6EZ, ZS5K, ZS6UT are in
the contest log.

I did put WB9Z and KV0Q in the log on the 24th at about 0320.

24/25 JANUARY
QRN down a bit but still S9.  Great opening to Europe at my sunset, but no
one could hear me but RZ3QU.  Nothing until my sunrise and worked W4ZV.

Total Score:   55 QSO pts. (7 QSOs)  X  5 Multipliers (ZS, IL, CO, ER, NC) = 275